Who doesn’t want a little daily happiness in their lives? When we think happy, we feel happy and one good way to think happy is through scents and aromas. Aromatherapy has been used for centuries to navigate mental and physical stresses, stimulating neural pathways to help uplift and brighten our moods and boost thoughts of happiness, positivity and optimism.
Fragrance Perception and Mood
Smells evoke strong emotional responses via our experiences, which in turn, effect our moods. In a very basic sense, pleasant fragrances improve mood and well-being, and unpleasant odors create negative mood responses. Studies have shown that even the mention of a positive smell can increase positive moods – making us more cheerful and optimistic.
Happy in Six Scents
Happiness is in the nose of the beholder! These six fragrances are commonly believed to be the world’s most happy aromas – the scents most connected to positive associations and moods.
- Joy Orange Aromatherapy Candles and Grapefruit Bath Bombs are filled with citrus essential oils.
- Jasmine – flowers, particularly aromatic jasmine, bring joyful thoughts from happy occasions such as weddings, anniversaries and parties. They’re believed to evoke optimism, freshness and create an energizing mood and mindset. HAPPY TIP: Our Citrus Delight Scented Soy Candles and No 23 Grapefruit Jasmine Diffuser Oils contain a high concentration of jasmine (blended with citrus).
- Vanilla – the scent of vanilla beans is most frequently associated with relaxation. In aromatherapy, vanilla promotes soothing feelings of being nurtured – warmth and happiness and an inviting atmosphere. HAPPY TIP: Our No 7 Vanilla Leather Luxury Candle is a customer favorite to achieve that joyful feeling.
- No 70 Basil Mint Leaf Diffuser Oil has the bright, uplifting aroma of mint in every drop.
- Lavender – wonderful lavender is used in aromatherapy to improve mood, soothe stress and increase feelings of joyfulness. It is considered to be calming and relaxing, helping to enhance senses of low-anxiety and optimism. HAPPY TIP: Our Lavender Dream Linen Mist lets you spritz the pure essence of lavender anywhere and anytime.
- Pine – the Japanese reduce stress and anxiety though the mindful practice of ‘forest bathing’. This isn’t a bath in nature, but a walk through nature, soaking in the sights, smells, sounds and touch of trees. The scent of pine is believed to have a clarifying, uplifting, and invigorating effect, clearing the mind’s stresses, energizing the body and promoting a positive outlook. HAPPY TIP: Our No 25 Evergreen Citrus Luxury Soy Candles use fresh pine and citrus scents for an uplifting, festive atmosphere.
Whatever your mood today, there is always room for a little extra joy. Sit back, breathe in, and find your happy place. Happy Happiness Happens Day everyone!
#acdcco #acdccandleco #acdccandles #happinesshappens #happinesshappensday #joyorange #happiness #happy #smile #positivevibes #positivity #mindset #goodvibes #mindfulness #joyful #joy #joyinthejourney #aromatherapy #essentialoils #essentialoil #wellness #diffuser #handmade #scentedcandles #soycandles #smallbusiness #homefragrance #candles #soywax #supportsmallbusiness #homescents #candle #candlelover #handpoured #candleaddict #shopsmall #giftideas #aromatherapydiffuser #lavenderlover #lavenderlove #happyorange #